November 6th, 2018 at 10:00-11:00 am EST
In this webinar, we will be tackling the really fun topic, the one that is really in every seller’s mind - what to do with all that money you get from the sale of your business. Our Benchmark International host, Clinton Johnston, will be joined by BNY Mellon Wealth Management’s Christopher Swink, a specialist in assisting business owners with their transition into passive investing as part of the sale of their business. Most business owners have grown their personal wealth primarily or exclusively from re-investing their income into their business. In this way, their money has made money for them. Once the business is sold, former owners must come to learn new ways of having their money make money for them. Some of the specific topics we will discuss include:
- What returns can a former business owner expect to earn on their cash?
- How can a wealth manager help me either before I decide to sell or while selling?
- How important is timing my sale to my overall standard of living after the sale?
- Is getting some of my cash from the deal later as opposed to at closing really a bad thing?
- What will my life look like after the sale?
- How can I draw a safe but sufficient income off of my sale proceeds?
BNY Mellon Wealth Management