Thursday, October 11th at 10:00am EST
It seems that almost every business owner understands how the concept of a business valuation based on “multiples” works. But it also seems that they focused on the multiples side of the equation to the detriment of the other side.
EBITDA x a multiple = Enterprise Value
With just a bit more attention on that EBITDA piece of the equation, values can sky rocket. With a better understanding of that side of the equation, surprises can be avoided. And with some preparation, business owners can capture the value their multiple deserves.
Please join the conversation between our Managing Director Clinton Johnston and our Senior Associate Fernanda Ospina as they discuss both the big picture and a handful of details that are essential to understanding the first, and too often overlooked, part of this equation. Fernanda joins our frequent host to bring her insights into the financial nuances of the dozens of transactions for which she has provided her accounting and financial expertise in recent years. Some of the points they will cover include:
- What games do buyers play with defining EBITDA?
- What period of EBITDA matters the most?
- How do we present the financial history of the company in the best possible light?
- What are considered legitimate “add backs” to EBITDA?
- How do you defend add-backs?
- What do I need to do to prepare for the buyer’s “quality of earnings” analysis?